Join us on October 23 for an afternoon of inspiring talks and performances featuring some of the world’s bravest activists — a master class in the struggle for freedom around the globe.
• Masih Alinejad, irrepressible Iranian journalist and women’s rights activist founder of My Stealthy Freedom, an online movement opposed to the mandatory dress code, and the #whitewednesdays protest campaign.
• Thae Yong-Ho, the highest ranking diplomat to ever defect from North Korea, considered #1 on the Kim regime assassination list.
• Denise Ho, Cantopop singer, prominent Hong Kong pro-democracy protester, and LGBTQI activist.
• Evan Mawarire, Zimbabwean civil rights activist, pastor, and leader of the #ThisFlag movement galvanized popular opposition to the late dictator Robert Mugabe.
• Garry Kasparov, HRF chairman, chess grandmaster, and outspoken democracy activist from Russia.
• Aric Toler, digital researcher focused on unmasking Russian assassins, documenting chemical weapons attacks, and marshaling investigative journalism to expose human rights violations.
• Lisa Sánchez, fierce advocate for drug policy reform and critic of Mexico’s increasing militarization.
• Pete Pattison, award-winning investigative journalist who uncovered the slave labor at the heart of the Qatar 2022 World Cup.
• Gustavo Tovar, former leader of the Venezuelan student movement and celebrated human rights advocate and film director.
• Vanessa Tsehaye, Eritrean free speech activist and founder of One Day Seyoum, an organization that raises awareness about the crackdown on democratic ideals in Eritrea.
• Christopher Balding, global finance expert, China scholar, and co-author of “Who Owns Huawei?,” a report exposing the Chinese regime’s control of the multinational company.
Doors open at 1 p.m.. Event will start promptly at 2 p.m.
Tickets are available via Ticketmaster at four levels:
$50 – Standard Ticket
$25 – Nonprofit rate (please email [email protected] for the discount code)
$10 – Student Ticket (you will need to present a valid student ID to enter with this ticket)
$1,000 – VIP ticket (grants access to a private dinner with the speakers later that evening, and gives preferred seating)
If you are interested in sponsoring the Oslo Freedom Forum in New York, please visit this site for more information.