The Human Rights Foundation (HRF) is excited to announce the Oslo Freedom Forum in New York (OFF in NY) on October 3, a half-day event at Town Hall in Manhattan, featuring theater talks and performances by the world’s top human rights activists and dissidents, followed by a special Speaker Gala.
The Oslo Freedom Forum is back in New York!
Join us to hear first-hand stories from intrepid human rights defenders, and meet a community of philanthropists, technologists, investors, artists, journalists, policymakers, and activists aiming to make the world a more free, open, and peaceful place.
The Speaker Gala will take place at the Current (Chelsea Piers), following the theater program. The Gala will be a unique opportunity to spend time with OFF speakers while enjoying additional talks, performances, and fine dining.
This year’s program will include an incredible lineup of human rights defenders who are promoting freedom around the world, including*:
– Berta Valle, Nicaraguan journalist and pro-democracy activist
– Carine Kanimba, daughter of imprisoned “Hotel Rwanda” hero Paul Rusesabagina
– Fatou Jallow, Gambian anti-rape activist and survivor
– Garry Kasparov, Russian Chess Grandmaster, pro-democracy advocate, and Chairman of the Human Rights Foundation (HRF)
– Leopoldo López, Venezuelan opposition leader and democracy activist
– Nury Turkel, Uyghur advocate, author, and Chair of the US Commission on International Religious Freedom
– Oleksandra Matviichuk, Ukrainian human rights lawyer and head of the Center for Civil Liberties
*More speakers to be announced soon.
Speaker Gala tickets ($1,500 single and $10,000 8-person table) are available for purchase on Eventbrite. You may also sponsor students and activists to attend OFF in NY on this page. Gala tickets include access to the theater program.
See what it’s like to attend the
Oslo Freedom Forum in New York
For questions about tickets and registration, please e-mail [email protected].
If you are interested in becoming an official sponsor for OFF in NY, please e-mail [email protected].
If you are interested in attending as a member of the media, please e-mail [email protected].